Depression is a common condition and it affects more than just your moods, it makes you feel very sad or withdrawn, it affects how you feel about yourself, makes day to day life difficult and interferes with the way that we go about our everyday lives.
Some describe depression as being in a really dark place that is difficult to get out of while others describe the feeling as being numb. At Astoria Clinic, using Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, we provide depression treatment to our clients who feel or experience any of these signs and symptoms of depression:
• Teary and anxious
• Isolated and alone
• Extremely exhausted
• Lacking in confidence and low self-esteem
• ‘I’m such a failure’
• ‘Everything I do is wrong’
• ‘It’s all my fault’
• ‘My family and friends are better off without me’
• ‘I’m worthless’
• ‘Life is not worth living’
• Low sex drive
• Tired all the time
• Significant weight loss or gain
• Sleeping problems (sleeping too much or too little)
• Lack of motivation
• Turning to drugs or alcohol to dull the pain or escape reality
• Constant headaches and muscle pains
• Constantly sick and run down
If you think you or someone you know is suffering from depression, it is important to seek help from a health professional.
There are many different types of depression and while some can go away by themselves, there are others that require treatment. By consulting with a mental health professional, you can learn ways to manage and cope with the triggers that cause the depression in order to create a healthy, meaningful life.
About Astoria Clinic
Astoria Clinic is an established private practice owned by registered Psychologist, Joanna Bell, and based south of the river in Perth’s leafy suburb of Ardross.
Phone: 0412 270 716