Anxiety is becoming increasingly common in Adults, Adolescents and Children and can have a big impact on people’s lives. Anxiety is more than a feeling of nervousness and can affect people in different ways. It can make things that were once easy, difficult and even scary.
At Astoria Clinic, we provide anxiety counselling to clients who are experiencing any of these signs and symptoms of Anxiety Disorder:
• Excessive worrying
• Afraid of being judged
• Unsettled feeling
• Feeling like something bad is going to happen
• Lacking in confidence (including in work or social situations)
• Avoiding social situations
• Avoiding crowds
• ‘If it’s not perfect, I’ve failed’
• ‘I know they’re thinking negatively about me’
• ‘It’s all my fault’
• ‘I’m useless’
• I’m never going to get it right’
• I don’t cope well
• Elevated heart rate
• Problems with breathing
• Hot flushes
• Lack of motivation
• Difficulty relaxing or feeling like you constantly have to be busy
If you think you or someone you know is suffering from anxiety, it is important to seek help from a mental health professional such as a registered Psychologist.
There are different types of anxiety disorders and they often require treatment. By consulting with a mental health professional, you can learn ways to manage and cope with the triggers that cause anxiety and reduce the effect it has on your day-to-day life.
About Astoria Clinic
Astoria Clinic is an established private practice owned by registered Psychologist, Joanna Bell, and based south of the river in Perth’s leafy suburb of Ardross.
Phone: 0412 270 716